Friday, March 22, 2013

1979, Marvel Comics, From The Inside

I remember patiently waiting for this comic book to come out. It was during the summertime and
I just finished my day at my summer job. As I went to the pay phone (this was before cell phones).
There was a window of the magazine shop right next to the pay phone. As I called my brother to pick
me up from work I can see the Alice Cooper Comic Book in the turnstile facing me.
 I made a quick call & ran into the store to purchase this book.

It was very humorous. It reminded me of the old Mad Comics w/ each panel being cluttered
w/ images. You see some Marvel guest in the background like Sub-Mariner and Hulk
Also Popeye and gang, Alley Oop and even TV show "Car 54 Where Are You?" cast.
The illustrations were very good and the story sort of goes along "From The Inside" album
w/ some minor Marvel writers taking liberties.







above page middle panel at bottom shows 2 police officers from
 TV show "Car 54 Where Are You?" that appeared on tv in 1961-1963.
Starring Fred Gwynne (pre Herman Munster) and Joe E. Ross who was known
to say "ooh, ooh" whenever nervous.
Little sidebar here is that Al Lewis (pre Grandpa from The Munsters) was also on this series.



Sub-Mariner top left corner panel



this large bottom panel on above pg 10
reminds me of the inside of From The Inside album




Alley Oop on top left panel
Popeye, Bluto/Brutus, Wimpy and Hulk on bottom right panel






Above is the making of the comic book as well at the end
asking readers should they do more stories of Alice in
the Marvel Universe.