Monday, January 12, 2015

1999, Humanary Stew, A Tribute To Alice Cooper CD

An all star cast of musicians for this tribute to Alice Cooper music.

Produced by guitarist Bob Kulick who produced a number of Tribute CDs on the Dead Line Music label. Kulick put together a group of well known musicians for this Alice Cooper tribute. Artists as big as Daltrey from The Who and members from Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Dio, etc...

Humanary Stew a made up word taken from "The Black Widow" on Welcome To My Nightmare album.


There are some good covers done by these artist. Such as Dio covering "Welcome to My Nightmare"
which is a sped up version than the original. Vince Neil & guitarist Mick Mars of Motley Crue recording "Cold Ethyl" I find surprising since I'm not really a Motley Crue fan. I also enjoyed Twisted Sister, Dee Snider doing "Go To Hell" and to hear Sex Pistol's, Steve Jones with Guns N' Roses, Duff McKagen both singing "Elected" are wise running mates. 
Now I'm a big fan of The Who and Quadrophenia is my all time favorite album but
the only let down was Daltrey covering "No More Mr. Nice Guy" sort of reminds me of a Vegas act. It could be he's not teamed up with his partner Townshend. I notice even in Daltrey's solo albums his voice isn't the same as in The Who. To me it seemed Roger listened to Pat Boone's version of the song. Pete Townshend complements Roger's vocals and pushes him. This is not a put down to the musicians that played with Roger on this song. He has a great band with him Slash, Mike Inez, and Carmine Appice. I was surprised Slash wasn't on "Only Women Bleed" since he's known to play some of the chords during his Guns N' Roses concert days. Anyway we get to hear Slash play it on "Fistful Of Alice" live recording with Alice singing it as well.
Megadeth's Dave Mustaine who covered a number of Alice songs does "School's Out"
always enjoy listening to him. Glenn Hughes formerly of Deep Purple does a bluesy version
of "Only Women Bleed" Hughes vocals are just outstanding. There are many I haven't
mentioned but just as good. If you don't have it this is a must have just for all
the musicians that are on it.


1999, CD
Humanary Stew, A Tribute To Alice Cooper

Cover



Back Cover



Inside CD Booklet



CD



Back of Jewel Case