Friday, June 29, 2012

2000 Brutal Planet Flyer and Ad

While working at SFX I had the opportunity to actually work on an Alice Cooper project. As little as it may seem it was one of my favorite assignments.
I first created a flyer that will be placed in a number of locations prior to the concert.
I was given an image from Brutal Planet which I then cropped and used Alice's face in a number of blocks across and down the flyer. I downloaded a free background pattern that was rusted metal. This fit right in w/ the Brutal Planet style. I then added a few lines "... we're sentenced here until the end of days, And then my brother there's a price to pay..." from Brutal Planet. I picked a font on date and time that also goes w/ the style. This was printed on a number of different color stock.

The flyer was 5.5x8.5



I also created an newspaper ad 4.75x8 that appeared in The Boston Phoenix. Here is the actual ad before it goes to print w/out all that yellow news print stock.

I even wrote a review of the concert on SFX website. I saved it in an old QuarkXPress version and couldn't open it w/ my new software. Now InDesign is the new software for Designers but if I find it
I'll try to open it and post it here.