Saturday, December 12, 2015

Frank Sinatra 100th Birthday

Celebrating Frank Sinatra 100th Birthday.
Although he passed away on May 14, 1998 at the age of 82 that
didn't stop the entertainment business to promote specials, books and music
of The Chairman of the Board.


Here's an anecdotal story of Alice Cooper meeting Frank Sinatra.



from 2007, Alice Cooper, Golf Monster by Alice Cooper
 Pg 165

I was playing on a celebrity softball team with the Carpenters, Steve
Martin, Albert Brooks, Kenny Rogers, and some others. We would meet in
Las Vegas and play for Steve Wynn’s charity against other celebrity teams.
Sometimes these games would draw around 10,000 people.

I was sitting on the bench and there was a kid, about twelve years old,
who wanted to watch the game but couldn’t get in. He wouldn’t give up,
though, and I finally went over and grabbed him and sat him on the bench
next to me and Steve Martin. The kid was happy as a clam.

That night I was out on the town when this guy came over to me. ‘Hey,
Alice, the boss wants to see you.’

I asked myself, "Who’s the boss?”

I follow this guy and it’s Frank Sinatra. “Hey, Coop,” he said.

I was totally flabbergasted. ‘How are you doing, Mr. Sinatra? This is
really an honor.”

“Hey, man, you did me a real solid today. I owe you.’

Sinatra owes me? “What did I do?‘ I asked.

“You know that kid you let into the baseball game? That was Jilly’s kid.”
Jilly Rizzo was Sinatra’s closest confidant. “I owe you one.’

I called my mom after that. ‘I just met Sinatra! And he owes me one!”