Thursday, August 2, 2012

1983, Gentlemen Afterdark

Since I listed below Alice w/ The Beat Angels I figure might as well introduce you to Brian Smith's previous band Gentleman Afterdark from 1983. Only 4 tracks and very new wave. Alice and Dick Wagner produced the EP. Dick Wagner was more the producer. I remember reading in an article somewhere that Alice said he just gave his input on what sounded good.
I didn't know anything about this recording until I was taking my dog to the Vet. While in the waiting room looking through some magazines that I came across this full page photo of Alice w/ Gentlemen Afterdark. I believe this was from People magazine.

Also good to point out Beat Angels co-wrote "Sideshow" on The Last Temptation album.
Brian is also a writer who wrote the liner notes in Billion Dollar Babies Deluxe Edition.
Brian Smith used to write for a Phoenix, AZ newspaper during his Beat Angel days. He went by the name Bill Blake.

People Magazine


Gentlemen Afterdark EP Cover 1983


Back Cover


Side 1 and 2 labels