Sunday, July 27, 2014

1978, Carole Bayer Sager - ...Too, vinyl, "Shadows" by Sager, Roberts, Cooper

1978, "...Too" vinyl

Carole Bayer Sager

"Shadows"
written by Carol Bayer Sager, Bruce Roberts, Alice Cooper


Carole Bayer Sager album "...Too" from 1978 is around the same time Alice was working on his "From The Inside" album. The song "Shadow" is written by Carole Bayer Sager, Bruce Roberts, and Alice Cooper.


"...wonder why I'm scared of shadows
they don't bite and they don't hurt
they start out small then suddenly
I notice they're bigger than me..."

Background vocals by Alice and Bruce Roberts although I can't pick out Alice's vocals in the background. This song is like a lullaby with Bruce Roberts on paino. If there is a demo of this with Alice's vocals I would love to hear it. As for Carole Bayer Sager singing I guess it's an acquired taste. The album itself isn't that great either. I mean I like mellow music but this just doesn't do it for me.
Some other guest on this album are Melissa Manchester, Mike McDonald, Steve Lukather.
Bruce Roberts also wrote two other tracks w/ C.B. Sager as you know Roberts also co-wrote "Millie And Billie" on Alice's "From The Inside" album.

"Shadows" on youtube at


I found this vinyl in a used bin


Carole Bayer Sager "...Too"

Cover


Back Cover



"Shadows" lyrics from vinyl sleeve



Side One