Tuesday, July 1, 2014

1983, Michael Bruce - Rock Rolls On, vinyl

1983, vinyl

Rock Rolls On

Michael Bruce


A pretty short album with only seven tracks. Most of the material on this record are from the past two albums "In My Own Way" and "Battle Axe." From "In My Own Way" album they redo "Rock Rolls On" that doesn't include Alice Cooper originally guest vocals also it was titled "As Rock Rolls On". Then "Lucky Break", "In My Own Way" and the cover of The Rascals "Friday On My Mind". As for the "Battle Axe" material it includes "Too Young". The only original tracks are "Gina" and "Do You Wanna Know". Last track "Do You Wanna Know" co-wrote by Neal Smith which I have to say it the best song on this album. Michael's vocals on this track is amazing and the musical arrangements are outstanding. Again one of the best tracks     
I heard outside of the Alice Cooper Group along with the "Battle Axe" album.
Some of the musicians on this album are Mick Mashbir and Bob Dolin who played with Michael back in the Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies Tour days. Of course Dolin also played with Bruce from the Battle Axe album as well.



Cover


Back Cover


Side 1


Side 2