Friday, July 11, 2014

1978, If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You - Derringer, vinyl and 2004 CD

1978, vinyl

If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You 

Derringer

Back in 1971 during the Killer album Rick Derringer played on "Under My Wheels" and "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah".
In 1978 Alice Cooper and Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics of "If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You" while Rick Derringer wrote the music. This could of came from the brain tank of "From The Inside" album since Taupin and Alice co-wrote that whole album. "If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You" is not only the third track it's also the title of the album as well. This is one of my favorite Alice material written for another artist. It comes across as a ballad sort of "How You Gonna See Me Now" on "From The Inside" lp.

This album itself is very good. Unfortunately Alice doesn't make an appearance other than writing the song. This album also has a song "Sleepless" written by Patti Smith. "Power Of Love" written by Dan Hartman and Warren Zevon's "Lawyers Guns And Money". Derringer's band consist of Kenny Aaronson (who played with just about everyone) and drummer Myron Grombacher (pre Pat Benetar). Rick Derringer also has a song he wrote titled "EZ Action" I thought funny since Alice's second album was titled "Easy Action". 



Cover LP


Back Cover


One Side of Pull Out Sheet


Other Side of Pull Out Sheet


Side One


Side Two





2004, CD
2 LPs on 1 CD

Rick Derringer

If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You/Face To Face



Cover


Back Cover


Inside Pg 1


Inside Pg 2


Back of Jewel case


CD
(2 LPs on 1 CD)





1978, The Best of Rock Scene AD
I posted this AD back on November 14, 2012