Friday, September 19, 2014

1977, K-tel, Music Machine, You and Me by Alice Cooper

As a kid growing up in the 70's K-Tel records were
me & my brother's introduction to our own vinyl collection.
We first got ourselves a turntable for Christmas around '70, '71
which was accompanied with a K-Tel record each Christmas for
the past few years then about in '75 I started purchasing my own albums.
Of course during those times I would borrow my sister's LPs
as long as I put them back. I would listen to Jimi Hendrix,
Big Brother and The Holding Company (Janis Joplin)
"Cheap Thrills" LP. I loved "Ball and Chain" track
and liked the Robert Crumb cover art.
Steppenwolf "Born To Be Wild" LP which was my all time favorite song.
The Who "Tommy", The Beatles "Something New" lp among the
ones I can remember off the top of my head.

I just happen to find this on line and didn't know Alice Cooper
appeared on a K-Tel record titled "Music Machine"


1977, vinyl
K-tel Records
Music Machine

Cover



Back Cover
on Side Two 
second from the bottom

Alice Cooper "You And Me"




Check out this K-Tel commercial below
Alice Cooper isn't previewed but is
mentioned right after KC & The Sunshine Band