This article was on Metal Hammer and Musicradar websites a while back.
I didn't see any talk about it so I thought I would bring it up.
Judas Priest Rob Halford list his 10 life changing albums that
has Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies at #9.
On Musicradar.com Rob goes through each album.
I just listed his comment on Billion Dollar Babies below
9/10 - Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies, 1973
“My neighbor from Phoenix, Alice Cooper. When he burst onto the scene, he was the originator of the genre that some people call ‘shock rock.’ However you describe it, he was surrounded by really talented players. Of course, there was Dick Wagner, who sadly passed away just recently.
“If you listen to the early recordings or watch footage of Alice, it’s undeniable that he was a game-changer. At the time, people didn’t know what to think: ‘What is this guy? What’s happening, man?’ [laughs] But he was just so entertaining. He believed in putting on a show, and that kind of thinking went into my persona as a performer on stage.
“I picked Billion Dollar Babies because it’s kind of concept-y. Fabulous tunes, great production and just all-out creativity. And it’s fantastic that Alice is still doing it. He’s out there making great music and playing live. I just love him.”
1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Electric Ladyland
2. Cream – Disraeli Gears
3. The Beatles – Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin II
5. David Bowie – The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
6. King Crimson – In The Court Of The Crimson King
7. The Rolling Stones – Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out
8. John Mayall – Blues From Laurel Canyon
9. Alice Cooper – Billion Dollar Babies
10. Queen – Queen