Tuesday, September 25, 2012

1972, Posters Real and Fake

As a kid I use to see this poster in magazine ads of Alice w/ the snake draped over him 
and always wanting to order it. I forget the reason why I didn't order it. 
I think finally when I decided it wasn't in stock.
About 20 years later I purchase it from a SickThing. 

1972 Poster 26x39 inches



A year ago I received this following FAKE poster as a Birthday gift.
14x22 inches of PHONY poster

Of course to the normal person they would think it's a legit poster.
I was thankful for the gift and excepted it w/ a chuckle.
To us Alice aficionados we know a phony, a fake, a counterfeit. 
Like all bootleggers we see at conventions or online auctions they always place the wrong year 
photo w/ the date of performance.
This poster is dated 1972. 
This photo was taken during Alice Cooper Raise Your Fist And Yell album 1987.
I have some articles during that time w/ this photo and some w/different poses.

What they really should of done was have the whole band in the shot since in 1972 Alice Cooper was considered a band. Well at least use Alice from 1972 so I came out w/ my own correction below combining the 2 images above.