Wednesday, April 23, 2014

1999, 2009, The Illustrated Collector's Guide To Alice Cooper by Dale Sherman

1999, (paperback)
The Illustrated Collector's Guide To Alice Cooper 
by Dale Sherman

Dale Sherman wrote a number of books on KISS.
This time Dale tackles Alice Cooper and I have to say he does
a pretty good job. I know I heard some complain and yes there are
some mistakes such wrong concert dates and places but I don't think
anyone could pull all this information and get everything completely correct.
It's easy to be a monday morning quarterback but I give Dale Sherman
a job well done. Dale covers everything Alice Cooper related from singles and albums 
to import versions. Concert dates, who played on that tour, the set list.
Dale even gives some info on the making of the albums such as 
"Muscle Of Love" at one point was going to be called "A Kiss And A Fist."
Sherman talks of song titles that didn't make it to the albums. 
Also covers movies and TV shows Alice Cooper performed or acted on.

I remember when Dale Sherman started this book he contacted the SickThings chat group
and many people sent in images of rare items that was used in the book.

The only problem I have with the book is the binding. It was glued and after one
reading some of the pages started to fall out. I ended up buying another one.
This book was about 300 pages with plenty of black and white photos.
The center of the book had 16 pages of color photos.
1999 book covers up to "A Fistful of Alice Cooper" release and 1998 Tour dates.

In 2009 Dale Sherman put out a 10th Anniversary Edition
This was 475 pages and goes up to 2008 "Along Came A Spider" release.


1999(paperback)
The Illustrated Collector's Guide To Alice Cooper 
by Dale Sherman

Cover



Back Cover



here's a sample of one of the pages



Here are the following 16 color pages




















2009, (paperback)
10th Anniversary Edition
The Illustrated Collector's Guide To Alice Cooper 
by Dale Sherman

This was 475 pages as much thicker book
that goes up to 2008 "Along Came A Spider" release.

This version included just black & white images that
consist of 45s, Album, CD and DVD covers.

Both books helped me out a lot when I was organizing my
Alice Cooper collection. 
I salute Dale Sherman for taking on such a big project.


Cover



Back Cover